Have you ever considered the ingredients that exist in your kitchen that you use to create yummy meals can also have benefits for your skin and lashes? I am someone who loves to experiment and try new recipes as well as natural remedies. Because of this, I’ve found that some of the best ingredients not only benefit my physical health, but they also improve the health of my skin and lashes. The best part is, they are already sitting in my kitchen pantry. I’m going to share with you some of my favorite ingredients that I use to better my diet as well as benefit the health of my skin and lashes.
- Coconut Oil - This versatile oil is a natural moisturizer and is perfect for hydrating the skin and keeping it soft and supple. It can also be used to remove makeup and reduce under-eye circles. It can also prevent breakage and keep your lashes looking healthy and shiny. Apply a small amount of coconut oil on a cotton swab to the roots of your lashes and leave on overnight.
- Cucumber - This amazing vegetable has many benefits, just like coconut oil. It can be used to take the puffiness out of your eyes as well as reduce those dark circles. To use, slice the chilled cucumber and lay them on your closed eyes. Let that sit on your eyes for 10 to 15 minutes. Using cucumbers can be done at the same time you have a face mask on. This is a great item to incorporate in your nightly routine before going to bed.
- Oatmeal - Oatmeal is a gentle exfoliant that can be used to soothe and calm the skin. It is particularly helpful for those with sensitive skin or conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. Oatmeal can be used in a face mask or added to a bath for a relaxing and rejuvenating experience.
- Kale - Consuming kale and other greens like spinach, and broccoli promote healthy hair and a healthy scalp. They are rich in omega 3 and beta carotene that prepares your follicles to grow and become stronger.
- Aloe Vera - Aloe Vera is great for soothing and hydrating the skin. It can also be used to condition and strengthen your lashes. To use, apply a small amount to your lashes before bed and rinse off in the morning.
- Avocado - Avocado is a superfood that contains healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals that promote hair growth. It is a rich source of vitamin E and vitamin C, which helps in promoting growth for your hair and lashes and preventing damage.
- Honey - Honey is a natural antibacterial agent and can be used as a gentle exfoliant for your skin. It also has moisturizing properties and can help soothe dry irritated skin. To use, mix equal parts honey and sugar and apply to your face in a circular motion.
- Lemon - Lemon juice is a natural astringent and can be used to help reduce the appearance of pores and brighten the skin. It can also be used to help dark spots and blemishes. Simply apply french lemon juice to your skin using a cotton ball and leave on for a few minutes before rinsing off.
- Yogurt - Yogurt is rich in lactic acid, which can help to exfoliate and brighten the skin. It is also a natural probiotic, which can help to balance the skin’s pH and improve overall skin health. Yogurt can be used as a face mask or added to your bath for a relaxing and rejuvenating experience.
- Green Tea - Green tea is rich in antioxidants and can help to promote healthy hair growth, including your lashes. Simply steep a green tea bag in hot water and let it cool. Apply the cooled tea to your lashes using a cotton ball and leave it on for 15 - 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Salmon - Salmon is a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin D, all of which are essential for healthy lash growth. Omega-3 fatty acids promote healthy hair and lash growth. While vitamin D helps in the production of fair follicles.
Caring for your lashes and skin doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. With a few items from your kitchen pantry, you can strengthen, nourish, brighten, and enhance your lashes and skin naturally. Incorporating these ingredients will make you feel like the most beautiful, and healthy version of you. With a little experimentation, you may just find your new favorite skincare and lash routine in your own kitchen!
Lash Star Loves You!